Cockroach pest control cost and warranty period
All our general pest control treatments include large cockroaches.
German cockroaches are a different treatment altogether. You have German cockroaches if they are in your cupboard hinges, under your kettle, in the dishwasher, in the fridge motor & other electrical appliances.
Large cockroach treatment prices
Most people choose the Complete Pest Package for $250 which includes…
- Treatment of any size house, inside and out for $250
- Cockroaches (excludes Germans), Spiders, Ants (internal only) and Silverfish
- Full 12 months warranty even on spiders and ants (no-one else does this)
German cockroach treatment prices
Note: German Cockroaches – $95 top up treatment required in 3 weeks
- Top Up Treatment (required in 3 weeks to break breeding cycle) – $95
- Limited to 1 Area – $180
- Up to 4 Areas – $250
- (1 Area) + Home Pest Treatment – 3 Bedroom house – $285
- (1 area) + Home Pest Treatment – 4+ Bedroom house – $325
- (4+ areas) + Home Pest Treatment – 3 Bedroom House – $320
- (4 areas) + Home Pest Treatment – 4+ Bedroom House – $360
- (1 area) + Home Pest Treatment – Unit – $245
- (4 areas) + Home Pest Treatment – Unit – $280
You can book online by clicking here or call 1300 104 599 we are open 7 days.
When you choose Newcastle Pest Control, you’ll get the most up to date pest control technology used in Newcastle backed with a ‘12 month guarantee’. If the pests come back so do we at no cost to you!
Cockroach Control Services in Newcastle
In this section we have attempted to not get too technical with our descriptions as we feel that the average person is not interested in scientific jargon.
Most people just want to know what they are and how to get rid of them. So here we go:
The Australian Cockroach
The American Cockroach
Even if you removed all of the breeding areas mentioned above they will still fly in from next door. Don’t worry, there is still hope.
High quality residual sprays and powders that we use on surfaces are the only option you have.
They have to land at some point and when they do they will walk over the spray or powder and ‘that’s all she wrote’. So putting it into a nutshell we can rid you of the ones that have set up a home in your roof void and to a degree in your garden but we can’t stop them flying into your yard.
But at least when they do and when they land on a treated area, the products will do their thing. Just remember, because you have these doesn’t mean that you are an unclean person but hygiene is a factor.
There is a cockroach however that is attracted by poor cleanliness:
The German Cockroach
If you are the type of person that leaves food scraps and dirty dishes out most nights and you have a German cockroach problem already, then you will just have a bigger one regardless of how many tins of fly spray or surface spray you own.
They don’t move much except when foraging for food so while they are sitting all together in a tiny nook in your kitchen they are just doing what comes naturally. Over and over and over again before too long they will infest every electrical appliance including the microwave, knife block, door hinges, fridge and anywhere else where it is dark or warm or both.
You must make an effort to make sure that your levels of cleanliness improves. Now in saying that, you might be in the small percentage of people that have a German cockroach problem but are very clean and tidy. This can and does happen as they may have hitched a ride in the bottom of a cardboard food box hiding in the corrugations.
German Cockroach Treatment Preparation
If you are finding cockroaches in your kitchen, laundry or bathroom, they are likely German cockroaches or brown-banded cockroaches. These are notoriously difficult to control without the correct preparation. The key to a successful treatment is access to cracks, crevices and harbourage areas. In order to carry out the best treatment for you, the following critical preparation is required.
- All items need to be removed from kitchen cupboards, drawers and pantry.
- We recommend appliances are left on the kitchen bench, as these often have cockroaches hiding inside. These will be treated at time of service.
- Pull out dishwasher and fridges for treatment behind these appliances.
- The insides of all cupboards and drawers need to be cleaned with disinfectant, and scrubbed to remove any cockroach droppings and egg cases that may be present. Pay particular attention to the underside of bench tops and hinges. Cockroach droppings contain very strong pheromones which will continuously draw them to the same areas. A vacuum cleaner with a crevice attachment can be used to help extract droppings and eggs.
- In bathrooms, put away all toothbrushes, water glasses, and personal items and remove items from underneath the sink unit. Place these items in plastic bags or boxes.
We can also give you advice on any measures that we feel you should take to reduce the possibility of re-infestation.
German Cockroach Identification
Adult German roaches range in size from 12mm- 15mm inch long. They are light to medium brown. They have 2 dark distinctive stripes behind the head. The young German roaches (nymphs) are smaller than adults (as small as 3mm) and are wingless. They have a light stripe on their backs and are darker in color.
Habits and Biology of German Cockroaches
Females produce one egg capsule every 3-4 weeks. Each capsule contains 25-45 eggs, the largest capsule of all roach species that would infest a building. The female will carry the egg capsule with her until it is ready to hatch, making it less hazardous for the nymph to survive.
It also has the shortest period to develop from hatching until sexual maturity. The populations of German cockroaches will build up faster than other species The young (nymphs) will be able to breed in as little as 36 days. A combination of these traits produces what entomologists call a “high reproductive potential.”
- German cockroach nymphs are smaller than most other cockroaches; thus, they are able to conceal themselves in many places and remain protected.
- Adult German roaches can live up to one year. These roaches are mostly active at night .
- If German roaches are seen active during the day, it most likely is due to overcrowding in their hiding places or a shortage of food and water supply. Cracks and crevices are their harbourage areas; they spend about 75% of their time in such harbourages. Nymphs require a crack of about 2mm whereas, adults require an 10mm crack.
- German roach Infestations are usually are generally found in kitchens and bathrooms. If the population is large enough, they will spill over to other rooms.
- The German cockroach can move well within a building. They also can travel from a neighbouring apartment or location to another and can pass through small openings like light switch plates.
- Many times they are brought in with grocery items, grocery bags, cartons, handbags, and luggage.
- An inspection is important to find all potential harbourages and a determination if it had been brought in with certain items.
- If insecticides have been used in a building, there is a possibility that the German cockroach simply scattered to another area. These harbourages need to be located and treated. It may not be possible to eliminate all the German cockroaches in a building completely if a consistent supply of cockroaches is carried into the premises via packages or food shipments.
The Brown Banded Cockroach
We can take care of this cockroach with our standard treatment for you and in some cases without spraying. He is a prolific breeder and you will not get rid of him yourself with conventional surface sprays. He is similar to the German Cockroach except he tends to travel throughout the house and not just in the kitchen.
There are numerous other species of cockroaches but we felt that these were the most likely ones that you were going to encounter.